Thursday, July 1, 2010

The Lori - A Custom Wedding Necklace

Riding the wave into a new chapter of life... This necklace turned out exactly as I imagined it would. I painted the picture in my head of a wave of sterling silver wire, with two large silver pearls attached to it, and a wired amethyst flower in the middle.

My co-worker and friend is getting married this weekend, and I offered to make her a necklace to wear.

This is the result.

She likes simple designs, and while I think this fits (at least loosely) the "simple" part... I think this necklace is particularly special. I'm very pleased with how it turned out, and honestly-- if I didn't make this necklace specifically for her, I would probably keep it!

She and her fiancĂ© have a special story. They met as co-workers and became fast friends... helping each other heal from their divorces. They've been bonded ever since!

They are a wonderful couple, and I wish them all the best as they start their new chapter of life together!

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE this piece. I'm a simple person too. ;) Very nice work you did for your friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that's a stunner! I really like it!

    ReplyDelete