Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Watch Me Do Lampwork!

I'm very happy to show you my very own lampworking video!

Anyone who lampworks will immediately scoff at my sloppy technique that I would ultimately correct if I could only practice more. I don't have a torch setup at home... I have to rent studio time. And, since my husband is currently out of work, I don't rent studio time as much as I'd like to.

Lucky me, [most] glass is so forgiving that most of the time, a little slop in technique doesn't matter.

So, ignoring some of the sloppiness, please do let me know what you think!


I edited it myself. My husband was the camera man. The bead took me about 20 minutes to make, from the time I had the torch lit until I walked over to put it into the kiln. This was a labor of love I put together for a talent show at work, and I'm actually really pleased with the results! Except for not putting a great photo of the finished product in there, of course.

So, I'll show you:


So... now what to do. Do I give it away in a contest? Do I sell it? I haven't decided. I'm leaning towards giving this necklace away. More details to come!

2 comments:

  1. NOW I 'get it' re: lampwork! That looks like so much fun!!!!

    Carolyn :) (who has finally bought a piece from you--yes!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Linda:

    I never get tired of watching you make this bead! Fascinating to watch for sure. AND I make lampwork beads too - so guess you'll see I'm a lampwork junkie for sure.

    Missed you at the Frito Lay Show this year (2010). Babette

    ReplyDelete