Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Mens Jewlery?

I have been thinking about making some mens jewelry. I've made a few necklaces in the past, and I've had good reception. I'd like to use more gemstones though-- and incorporate the earthy tones.


The 'hump' I had to get over was making a necklace for my husband. He picked out some beads ages ago-- at least a year ago, but probably longer than that-- and ever since, I've been pondering what to do with them, to get a great necklace. The inspiration finally came to me over the weekend, and I came up with this:




It's been difficult to get a good photo of it, but it actually looks great on him, and he LOVES it so much! So that's really what matters, right? :)


In other news, I'm getting ready for my first show-- a home show, September 13th. I look forward to it. I'm also doing at least one other show this fall-- the Heart of Texas show in Plano. It's a 3 day show, and I'm really looking forward to that one!! I am actually going to print up some of my photos and get them into pre-sized mattes and see if anyone is interested. BIG step for me.

I am also applying for another show in November, but the application isn't due until October 1st. I have most stuff ready for it, except for a few photos. Hopefully I'll get into that one! And I may do one more in December, or not... haven't decided yet.

I think that's about all the news... I have been making a few new things lately, and I need to concentrate on making TONS of earrings because people always love earrings. ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment